making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 5 July 2008

Kipling Craze, Choupinette and Lord of The Rings

Today I went out with Juliane. We went to Isetan Scotts as I needed to buy pj for the girls and some items from the supermarket. With the Isetan card, we could save a bit, lol.

As usual, my first stop at Isetan was the Kipling counter, lol. Currently, they are having a 30% off for selected regular-priced items. For sale items, they are as much as 50% off for some! Quite worth it! Hahaha. Ok, it might be worth it to me only as I am crazy about Kipling bags lol. I was just causally looking through the sale items and saw the cutest Kipling mini handbag! It is a miniature of the adult handbag. Really cute! It is just nice for the girls and it is 50% off, at only $49.50. Hmm, it is time to introduce Kipling handbags to the girls. Hahaha. Must share the joy, right? :P I got both girls the same mini handbag but in different colours, Juliane purple and Marieann red. :) They look quite good on me too, I can borrow from the girls. Lol. :P

After being sidetracked at Kipling, we returned to our shopping and then adjourned to Sakae for lunch. No choice, since Juliane hasn't had it for a while. Wah, Sakae has upped the prices. Sigh. Inflation, what to do?! :(

We got home around 2:30pm. After that, I had a pretty relaxing afternoon reading a novel and napping, lol.

***
The other morning, after registering Marieann for Primary 1, the girls' father and I wanted to have a quick breakfast before he sent me to work. However, not many places were opened for breakfast. We had almost given up hope and thought Mckkies might be the only choice when we happened to chance upon Choupinette which is along the way to my work place, lol. Choupinette is a quaint little French bistro along Bukit Timah Road. I like the decor and the atmosphere. :)

We both had the Laurent's Set ($18+): egg (scrambled, fried or poached) with sausage (chicken or pork), a "tomato provencale" and bread roll with small juice and hot/ cold drink. I had scrambled egg with pork sausage, grapefruit juice and iced passion fruit tea while the girls' father also had scrambled egg but with chicken sausage, orange juice and iced mocha. I never ate my breakfast so fast! Lol. It was really good, specially the scrambled egg and pork sausage. The egg was moist with a creamy consistency. The pork sausage was nicely herbed and with bits in it. It was very nice and full of flavour and bite.



I will come back to this bistro again to try its other dishes. :)

***
Am watching The Lord of The Rings while writing this entry. LOTR is one movie or rather a trilogy that I will never tire of watching. My family all rolled their eyes when they saw me watching The Two Towers last week and now The Return of the King today lol. I can't help it, LOTR is a great epic fantasy! :)

No comments: