making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 3 July 2008

Primary 1 Registration

This is the time of the year where parents of 6 year olds would be registering their children for Primary 1 in the school of their choice the following year. There are a number of different phases for registering the child for Primary 1. Click here.

It can be a very stressful period for some parents. Actually, the stress can start as early as two years before. For parents who want their children to get into certain schools (usually the popular and good ones) and they aren't old girls or old boys, they would have to start doing voluntary work at the school at least 2 years prior to their children registering for Primary 1. And these voluntary work for the school may not 100% guarantee a place because the popular schools more often than not, always have to ballot the remaining places. So for these parents, getting into a particular popular school can be considered as lucky as striking the lottery. :)

I am lucky that I am an old girl and a member of the SCGS alumni. I was able to register Marieann in Phase 2A1. I was at my alma mater at 8:15am and I was Queue No. 6. Lol. My former colleagues were delighted to see me. Yar, I was once a teacher at SCGS, lol. I spent time chatting with them while the girls' father filled up the forms. By 8:50am, everything was done and Marieann has been confirmed of a place for Primary 1 in 2009. :) This also means that Juliane will automatically get into SCGS too when her turn comes for Primary 1 registration. Hahaha. I am very glad that I only have daughters because I know they can get into SCGS through me. It would be a nightmare if I have a son because the girls' father was formerly a Malaysian and the schools closest to us are Nanyang, Henry Park, ACS... See the problem? Thank goodness. Lol.

No comments: