making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Statistics and I

Statistics and I are strange bedfellows. I don't exactly love Statistics as some of my friends would know, lol. But I had to do Stats because it was a requisite to get my Psychology degree. I am still amazed that I passed all 3 years of Stats hahaha. :P I thought I never have to do Stats again. But of course, I just had to land myself in research work where using Stats analysis is part of the work. Maybe I just have a thing with "torturing" myself, hahaha. :P

Today, I was working on a set of data. The data was quite strange, couldn't really get much out of it. To be honest, it was a little frustrating. But I guess that is where the joy of Stats is as well. Stats allows you to play around with the data until you can make sense of it. It was exhilarating when I could finally understand what the data was trying to tell me. :)

No comments: