making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 28 August 2008

Aftermath of Fire, Fire, FIRE!

Despite last night's drama and falling asleep only at 5am, the girls were awake at 7:30am most excited to go to pre-school to share with their classmates and teachers about last night's adventure. Lol. Alas, their mother just don't have their energy!

But I think exhaustion finally caught up with them hahaha. Marieann was asleep when I came home from work at 7pm. Juliane was still up and about but she knocked off at once when it was her bedtime at 9pm. Well, I couldn't resist taking a nap too after I got home. I was very tired as I only had less than 4 hours of sleep because of the fire.

When I came home, there was still the smoky smell of last night's fire in the building. There was also a damp (mouldy) smell in the air, probably because of the water used to put out the fire. Of course, it didn't help that it has been raining these past few days. The lift's doors also became squeaky, probably water got into the gears or something.

Hopefully the smell will be gone in a couple of days, and we will also know what was the cause of the fire.

No comments: