making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Appreciation II

Today, I received yet another show of appreciation.

I was counselling in school. At one of the sessions, the HOD PC came by and asked me to step outside the room for a while. Thinking she might have a new case or some information to share about one of the counsellees, I hurried out. To my surprise, she handed me a bar of chocolate and a laminated paper covered with students' writing. It is my Teachers' Day gift from my counsellees!

When I looked at the paper in between sessions, I am really touched by what the girls have written! Their show of appreciation, even if it is just in a few lines of words, is reward enough for me! For the whole day, I am really happy that I have been able to do something for these girls, and that they know that I am trying my best to help them. :) This is the joy of counselling!

Here is what some of them have written:

"Thanks for listening to me and giving me advice :)"
"Thanks for counselling me. I have learnt a lot from you."
"Happy Teachers' Day! Thanks for helping me to be a better person! You are the best counsellor! :)"
"Happy Teachers' Day! Thank you so much."
"Happy Teachers' Day! I love you!"

Thank you, Girls for your lovely words of appreciation. I will treasure them for a long time to come. :)

No comments: