making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 16 August 2008

Marieann's 1st Movie Magic Experience

The girls' father's car went for servicing today. He wouldn't want to go out without a car so I thought I would bring the girls out myself. However, Juliane decided that she wanted to stay home. So I took Marieann out with me. We detoured to the post office first to post some letters. Just as we were crossing over to Tanglin Mall, it started to drizzle. We were lucky to get into a cab before it poured! :)

We went straight to the cinema to get tickets when we arrived at Great World City. She wanted to watch "Journey to the Centre of the Earth". Since we had an hour before the 12:05pm movie, we went to have lunch first at Mckkies. Marieann chose it, lol. I managed to look into a few shops before adjourning to the cinema. Thank goodness, the cinema was only 1/3 full. But it was mainly families with children watching the movie, lol.

It is Marieann's 1st movie experience. She was really thrilled to be seated in a dark cinema and watching the movie on a huge screen. She couldn't stop smiling. :) She really enjoyed watching the movie. I am also proud of her because she remained quiet and only asked me questions after the movie ended. I am really glad that I got to share with Marieann what movie magic is all about. :) I hope to bring her to watch more movies and of course, Juliane too. :)

"Journey to the Centre of the Earth" has action, adventure, fantasy and sci-fi all rolled into one movie. But the movie never intended to make itself out to be a serious movie which is its saving grace. It is just as it is, a good fun movie. It has plenty of light hearted fun and movie-goers are all in on the joke that the movie can be a little silly but hey, who is actually keeping tabs (a pun from the movie :P)? Not me, except for the laughs it brought me. There is no need to think with "Journey to the Centre of the Earth", just sit back, laugh and enjoy the movie. :)


No comments: