making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 24 August 2008

Shoes, Food??, Sleep

We went to Vivocity to get the girls new school shoes - Crocs. Their feet have grown too big for their current Crocs. Marieann managed to get her size but not Juliane. But they are now keeping a pair at Marina Square for us for three days. The girls' father would probably pick it up after work.

We had lunch at this restaurant and bar called Wood. At 12:35pm, there were only two tables including ours. Due to the restaurant policy, I can't take photos of their food. It is just as well because we were disappointed with our food. I went for the 3-course set lunch $35 which had a spinach salad with Chinese sausage and quail egg, hot pan seafood spaghetti with clams and prawn and lychee and mint granite with jelly. The salad was ordinary and spicy so I didn't finish it. I love pasta but I was sorely disappointed with this one. It was extremely salty and peppery and there was only one prawn. The only plus point was that they gave a generous portion of clams. I only managed to eat half of my spaghetti before the saltiness was just too much to take. The dessert was the most disappointing. The waiter told me it was lychee and mint sorbet but it was lychee and mint blended in ice with some tiny cubes of jelly. SIGH. For the first time in my life, I never finished any of my dishes. The girls' father's salad was also ordinary and his salmon was hardly filling for him. In the end, both of us had to eat the Wild Mushroom Pizza ($26) which we ordered for the girls. The pizza was the only winner, thin crust with mushroom and cheese. But then, it is over priced for a vegetarian pizza.

Overall, we felt the food was ordinary and over priced. The service was quite slow even though there were only three tables. We definitely won't be coming back here. By the time we left the restaurant, there were only two tables including the table that was there when we arrived. That says a lot.



We went home after a disappointing lunch. As it was raining, what better way is there to spend the rest of the afternoon than sleep? Lol.

No comments: