making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 18 August 2008

What Will You Do?

If something happens which is not what you want, what will you do?

1. Be "zen" and do nothing about it.
2. Be passive but yet lament about it.
3. Be active and do something about it.

I find people are often either 1. or 2. Somehow, they are afraid to do something about things they aren't happy. They either accept things passively without questions or they complain about things but don't do anything about it, expecting someone else might do something about it. Why are they lacking in this courage or strength to stand up for their own rights, for their own principles? What are they afraid of??

You may say I am throwing stones at others, what about me? I am proud to say I do things about it. Most of my friends would know what I have done for the situation at my estate. A few friends have said "Why you try so hard? What's the point?". I am glad that I have more friends who are supportive of my actions and have given me encouragement from time to time. Today, I received a phone call from an old classmate. Thanks, Chung. I really appreciate your call. I can still remember clearly her words before she hung up, "Jia yu, jia yu, jia yu!". Another friend is helping out too, looking through some things for me. I really appreciate all these help from my friends. They do give me the strength to continue standing up for what I believe in.

Sometimes, you can't back down from something, no matter how great the forces. Sometimes, you have to stand and fight for something, no matter how daunting the prospects are. Sometimes, you just have to do it. I believe I should stand up for my rights, for my principles. I am willing to do something about it. At least if things don't succeed, I know I have done my best and I have not betrayed myself.

No comments: