making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 13 September 2008

Eve of Mid-Autumn Festival

Today is the eve of Mid-Autumn Festival and the girls' pre-school was celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival in the evening. Since the girls' lanterns from last year were long destroyed and gone, I had to get new ones for them for the celebration in the evening.

Juliane and I arrived at Takashimaya Square, Basement 2 around 10:30am. I realised it would have been the best time to buy mooncakes since there was hardly any crowd at all and it was so close to the Mid- Autumn Festival that most mooncakes were selling at a discount, lol. :P we managed to get two paper lanterns before we walked over to The Soup Spoon, Paragon for brunch. We shared a meal upgrade of soup and salad - I had the clam chowder while Juliane had the Waldorf salad.



After our brunch, we walked to Liat Tower where the new Esprit is. :) I had two items put on hold till tomorrow so that I can sleep on it if I should buy them, lol. I must be careful with my finance now since I have two unexpected overseas trip not budgeted for - the one to Australia and the coming one to Korea. Meanwhile, I also received an sms from a good friend about my Treo Pro being out on offer at Starhub. :) More money flying out of my pocket, haha. :P

In the evening, we went to the girls' pre-school. Each of us was given a goodie bag. The celebration started with some contests which broke the ice. Soon, the kids were having lots of fun playing games and chowing down on the food prepared by the teachers. The teachers also put on two dance items for the children and parents. Everyone went home happy, especially the children, after the lantern walk around 8pm.






The girls will do a lantern walk tomorrow, either at my estate or at the garden. I think they will like that very much. :)

No comments: