making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 27 October 2008

Birthday in Hong Kong, Ocean Park, Shopping

Updated: 29 October 10:51am. I have uploaded the photos. :) Thanks for your patience. :)

Today is my birthday. I want to thank all my friends and former students who have sent me their birthday wishes. :) Thanks so much. It really means a lot to me. :) Especially since the girls' father totally forgot about it lol. Sigh.

***
We went to Ocean Park close to 11 am. There weren't too many people. The girls were thrilled to take the cable car. It was quite scary though for me because of my fear of height. I was trying my best not to look down lol. :P We had lunch at The Bayview Restaurant. Unfortunately we couldn't see much of the bay view as there was the perpetual smog/ smoke veiling everything. Sigh.





We went to the Sea Jelly Spectacular where the girls saw various kinds of jelly fish. Next, we saw the Chinese Sturgeon. They are HUGE! The Atoll Reef was the next stop where the girls were totally intrigued with the different kind of sea creatures living in the reef. We skipped the rides this time round as I didn't want to over-exert the girls too much as we are leaving for home tomorrow.









We took a ride up the Ocean Park Tower where we saw the view all around Ocean Park. The view would have been great if the smog wasn't around and there weren't construction going on around the park. We went on to Pacific Pier where the girls saw the different sea lions. We were a little late for the performance at the Ocean Theatre and we had to stand right at the back and the girls couldn't see much. Never mind, next time bring them to Sea World, Australia lol. Finally we saw the Giant Panda Habitat before we left for the hotel at 5pm. The girls were happy to finally see pandas, other than on Discovery and NG channels lol. :)











***
We rested for a while before going to Grandville Road again for dinner and shopping. :) We had dinner at Tai Ping Koon Restaurant again lol. :P The food is very nice lor so we went back, haha. :) Today we shared a Seafood Bisque (HK$82, no photo taken) and a Minced Chicken and Sweet Corn Cream Soup (HK$42). I ordered a Sateurn Pork Chops (HK$85) while the girls' father ordered his TPK style Pigeon in Swiss Sauce again. The bisque was really tasty with lots of ingredients in it - scallop, prawns, crab meat, squid, and even abalone. :) My pork chops was really tender and the sauce went well with the pork chops. It also came with a piece of ham and fried egg. Very filling!

***
After dinner, we went shopping. This time round, I managed to buy 2 blouses and 3 skirts hahaha. Still not very used to their shopping style there, can't try the tops or the skirts. But you can bring the items back for exchange of a different size or something else if it doesn't fit you. Isn't it a waste of time? Anyway, I am glad the clothing all fitted me very well when I came back to the hotel to try them. :)



***
We had dessert at Hsu Lau Shan again lol. :) Very nice and colourful and sweet.

***
We will be going home tomorrow. I will upload the photos later.

No comments: