making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 23 October 2008

Disneyland Hong Kong

Disneyland is absolutely fun!!! I think I had more fun than my girls did. My inner child was more of a child than my girls are hahaha. :P

***
We set off for Disneyland after our late buffet breakfast. it was just after 11am when we arrived at Disneyland. It was scorchingly hot! Our first stop was the Disney shop hahaha. We wanted to hide from the sun. At our first Disney shop, among many of our shop visits in Disneyland (haha :P), we blew over $200 (Singapore dollars). :P Well, it was mainly on souvenirs and gifts for friends hahaha. We realised we would be broke if we stayed any longer in the Disney shop so we made our way down Main Street, USA to Fantasyland where Sleeping Beauty Castle is. My girls and I ran for the Cinderella Carousel where we each rode a horse, lol. :) It was so fun! :) Next, we went for a spin on Mad Hatter Tea Cups. The girls were thrilled. After which, we went on a leisurely cruise in "It's a Small World" and for the air con too, lol. We stopped by Royal Banquet Hall for a light lunch at 2pm and followed by photo taking with Pooh, Minnie, Mickey and Donald at Fantasy Garden and a storybook journey cruise through "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh".

We visited Tarzan's Treehouse in Adventureland. The girls had fun taking the raft to Tarzan's Island and climbing up and down the treehouse. :) We proceeded to Tomorrowland for some action. Actually I dragged everyone to Space Mountain at Tomorrowland lol. :P When we were finished with the ride, we saw a photo of us which was snapped during the ride. I burst into laughter hysterically. The photo showed Marieann (beside me) with a stunned look, Juliane (in the second row) with her jacket's hood pulled over her face, and their father (next to Juliane) with his eyes squeezed shut tightly! I was the only one (next to Marieann) with the most gleeful smile on my face! Hahaha. I know I was laughing the entire ride. It was such a rush! :) I love rides, especially roller coaster rides, nothing like that to feel alive lol. :P However it seemed none of my family were too thrilled about Space Mountain, lol. We went for another milder ride in a UFO before heading back to Sleeping Beauty Castle forecourt for "High School Musical: Live!" performance at 5:30pm. The girls were singing, humming, and swaying along to the HSM songs lol.

After the HSM, we waited around for the Haunted Halloween special - "Glow in the Park" Halloween Parade. Marieann and her father took a rest in one of the alleys of Main Street, USA while Juliane and I went right to the edge of the sidewalk to view the parade. :) We stayed for the finale - "Disney in the Stars" Fireworks at 8pm, Sleeping Beauty Castle. The fireworks were spectacular and stunning! The girls were completely enthralled. When I saw their looks, I understood that they felt the same as I did. It was simply magical. :) We lingered around for a few more photo shots before going back to our hotel, Disneyland Hotel for dinner.






















***
We had buffet dinner at Enchanted Garden around 9pm and the girls were excited about the Disney characters that were going round taking photos with the diners. Again, my girls and I took a couple of photos with Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto, lol. :) The girls were too excited still to have dinner at the restaurant so we ordered room service for them around 11pm. Despite being tired for being on our feet for more than 10 hours, we were all on sensory over-load, haha. Finally, the girls fell asleep at 12am+ again and I am still trying to update my blog with today's Disneyland adventure (at 2am+), lol. :) It has been a great fun day. :)





***
I think my girls weren't the only ones who enjoyed their Disneyland trip. I DID too!! :) I am still pretty blown away by the whole Disneyland experience, my first Disneyland experience. :) Being at Disneyland totally freed me from the shackles of being an adult - I was dashing for the rides, enjoying the rides, taking photos with Disney characters unbashfully, laughing without care, believing again without a doubt all dreams can come true. For the 10 hours I was at Disneyland, I was a child again, without stress and worries! That is the magic of Disneyland. :)

PS. Have to admit, the many shop visits, amidst the rides and shows, also upped the happy factor, hahaha. :P I will update better photos of the fireworks when I have time to go through them carefully. :)

No comments: