making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 22 October 2008

Hong Kong Holiday

It has been found that holidaying is actually more tiring than relaxing lol. So far, my first day in Hong Kong has been really tiring and we haven't even hit Disneyland yet!

***
We managed to get to the airport by 6:30am because we forgot Marieann's medication and had to go back to get it lol. :P Checked in was really fast and easy. We had a light breakfast while waiting for boarding. There was a telly playing and of all shows, it was airing "Air Crash Investigations"! My kids were asking why air plane crash and if ours would crash. Choy, touchwood, hahaha. :P Our flight, CX710 took off without delay at 8:05am. Around 9am, breakfast was served to the children first before the adults had theirs. The girls really enjoyed their breakfast, so did I lol. I managed to catch the movie "Hancook". :) We landed in Hong Kong at 11:40am. This is the first time my girls and I are in Hong Kong lol.

At the airport when it is still so dark! Lol.

The girls have some fun while waiting to board the plane.

In the plane, in our seats.

The kidie's meal. Wah, a lot of nice stuff.

The adult's meal, quite standard.

We are at the Hong Kong airport.

***
We were finally at our hotel, Disneyland Hotel via the transport provided at 1:30pm. We were all wowed by the hotel. :) I guess it is the Disney magic. I couldn't help but feel the smile bursting forth from somewhere deep within me, from my inner child. :) The hotel and its rooms are of Victorian style, thus the quaint and old world feel to it. :)












After settling some stuff, we left at 3:20pm via the shuttle bus to the public transport interchange where we took the train to Citygate Outlet. However, as we got to the outlet shopping close 4pm, and after a late lunch at KFC, there wasn't much time left to look at the shops closely. But we each managed to buy a top, at least the girls' stuff were from the same shop, Esprit lol. :P I think I would like to come back again if possible.





Hong Kong KFC has chicken ala king, honey biscuit and egg tart - things that we don't have in S'pore KFC

***
We left the outlet shopping around 5:30pm to catch a train to Central to meet the girls' father's friends for dinner. The girls' father almost got us lost because he couldn't remember which exit to exit from. Sigh. What's with men and their denial that they are lost? Lol. Anyway, we met his friends and we had dinner at this famous restaurant called Yung Kee. It is famous for its roast goose. :) Dinner was very, very nice. :) Ok, I think I am beginning to see why they call Hong Kong, the foodie paradise. Shopping, not sure because I haven't even began to do that seriously yet haha. :P
Consulting the map but still couldn't quite figure out how to get to where we wanted to go.

The famous roast goose that is on every table. No kidding!

***
We finally returned to our hotel at 10-ish pm. However, the girls didn't fall asleep until quite late! They were all hyped up. Poor me have to watch them while their father had already fallen asleep. I am just too tired to do anything to them. Just hope that they will expend their energy and fall asleep SOON so that I can catch some sleep too.

PS. They finally fell asleep at 12:50am. But now, I am just too exhausted to fall asleep. :( How, I have major shopping to be done at Disneyland?!

No comments: