making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 26 October 2008

Hong Kong Shopping

Updated: 29 October 10:20am. I have updated the photos and added in a little section about our dessert. Thanks for your patience. :)

Today we took it quite easy since it is Sunday. We did our shopping. :) We again left close to 12 noon.

***
We took a train to Citygate Outlets for some shopping. I didn't expect to buy alot as I found some clothes and shoes are still quite pricey even though after discount.


First we went for lunch at Golden Shanghai Cuisine Restaurant. The taste was really nice and authentic Shanghai cuisine, not the fusion kind. :) The appetiser was nice, so was the Shanghai Nian Gao and Xiao Long Bao. I think what the girls and I loved best was the dessert: Chrysanthemum and Osmanthus Jelly. It was really unique and refreshing. I could taste both the flowers and there were bits of osmanthus flower in the jelly for added bite. :)



After lunch at 2pm, we walked around the mall and went into some shops. At the end of the day, I managed to buy for myself: a kipling bag (YES, another one lol :P), a pair of Clarks shoes, and a top. Juliane got a skirt and a blouse. Marieann didn't want anything. We left for the hotel at 5:30pm.

***
We had a rest at the hotel until 8pm before setting out to Grandville Road, the shopping area nearby our hotel. We walked around and what I found really frustrating when shopping in HK is that you aren't allowed to try the tops on for most shops! I mean how then would one know if the blouse/ top fits or suits one?! That's why I didn't do a lot of shopping, I would buy something that I know will really looks nice on me than to make a guess and then regret the purchase later and besides, things aren't that much cheaper than in Singapore. :(

***
We had dinner at this restaurant called Tai Ping Koon which has been set up since 1860 (Qing Dynasty!!). The restaurant and waiting staff reminds me of Singapore's Shashilik lol. The restaurant and decor are quite old and so are the waiting stuff. But somehow the waiting staff are less grumpy than those in Shashilik (haha :P) and they actually were nice to the kids and took note of their needs too. :) Again never mind if the place is old, the FOOD was fantastic and most delicious! The servings were huge too.
The girls' father ordered a Onion soup (HK$40) which tasted great, Marieann had a Shredded Chicken and Mushroom Cream Soup (HK$42) while Juliane and I shared a Minced Chicken and Cream Corn Soup (HK$42). The girls shared a Chicken Wings in Swiss Sauce (HK$125). I had a Baked Pork Chop Rice (HK$77), I forogt to take a photo but the serving was HUGE, I couldn't finish it at all. The girls' father had a TPK Pigeon in Swiss Sauce (HK$98). The pigeon was quite nice, it tasted like red meat lol. :P






After dinner at 10pm, we walked around Grandville Road a little more. I managed to find a cardigan in the first shop we walked into after dinner lol. :) Hmm, maybe tomorrow we have to come back again at night after ocean Park hahaha. Afterall it is my birthday tomorrow 27 October, I am entitled to do a bit more shopping! Hahaha! :)

We stopped by Hsu Lau Shan for dessert as it is on our way back to the hotel. There were many desserts to choose from and they are famous for their mango stuff. Here are the pcitures. It's a pity the branch in Singapore closed down.




***
I hope it is good weather for the Ocean Park visit but NOT too hot, please. :)

PS. I will upload the photos later. So please check back in. Thanks.
PS. Thanks, Keng Ling for reading my blog and sending an sms to inform me. :) Will try to upload the food photos haha. :)

No comments: