making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 20 October 2008

Shopping, Food, Sight-seeing

I had lunch with my PI and her colleague, the Korean Asst Professor. The lunch was for us to meet up to talk about what we are going to do in Korea after the conference. Lunch was nice and fun as we had plenty of laughs over what we wanted to do in Korea. I wanted to have bigger boobs hahaha. ONLY JOKING!!! Not enough time lah. LOL. :P

Dr Kim is really nice. She is going to take me to visit one of the palace and its neighbouring shopping district called Insa-Dong because I wanted to see something that is representative of Korea and its history and culture. Insa-Dong has plenty of shops selling antique and traditional Korean handicrafts as well as traditional tea shops. I think I will enjoy immersing myself in the Korean history and culture. Of course, tasting the Korean food is a must! I want my Samgye-tang (ginseng chicken soup) but I am more than happy to skip San Nakji (live baby octopus!!). :P

I think I will enjoy myself even though I only have 2 free days to roam and explore Korea after the conference. :)

No comments: