making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 31 October 2008

Showtime at the Conference

It was showtime for me today. I have to present at the conference. Thank goodness, my session is in the afternoon at 2:40pm (1:40 pm S'pore time). I slept in and only went to the conference at 11am lol. Lunch was provided and I sat with a Taiwanese Prof with his two students. It was interesting talking to them and learning about what other researchers are doing in their countries about education. :)

Soon, it was the concurrent session where I have to present my paper. I was nervous. :P But according to my Korean friend, I didn't look it at all! Hahaha. I was the second person to present in that session. At least, it is easier not being the first. :) The presentation went well, with only 1 question asked and it was on my area of Assessment so I could answer it with no problem at all. :) There were comments given to help with our research. Really appreciated that. :) The most pleasant thing that happened was after the concurrent session when one of the keynoters and a really big name in Science Education came up to me with his name card and encouraged me to send in the full paper of our research into his journal. I was so honoured!!! I happened to sit with this keynoter and some others at the conference dinner. An even greater surprise was when he told us that my presentation was the best he has heard at the conference and he has only given one name card at this conference!! I am even more honoured after hearing this. Must really work hard on the writings now hahaha.


My presentation in the concurrent session III

The venue of my presentation

The grand lecture hall: how it looks from the inside

Oh yes, I totally enjoyed my dinner, there were authentic Korean food. Really delicious!! :) Some photos I took but no food cos I had to behave properly in front of great academics. :P






No comments: