making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 25 October 2008

Stanley Market, Hong Kong Cats and Food

Today, we only left the hotel close to 12 noon. The girls were still sleepy and just wanted to laze in bed. I don't blame them lol. I also wanted to do that but I was already up at 8am. Sigh.

***
Our first stop for today was Stanley Market. I thought there weren't really a lot to see at Stanley Market nor was there a lot to shop. Maybe I didn't really behave like a tourist lol. :P We finished walking through the whole Stanley Market within one and a half hours. I only bought a dress and Marieann bought something for her maternal grandmother. Somehow Stanley Market shopping is not my kind of shopping. With that, I told the girls' father to skip Ladies Market and Temple Market since they are similar to the Stanley kind of market. No point wasting time, right? Lol.


***
This is the request I made to the girls' father when it was decided he wanted to bring the girls to HK. I wanted to visit this particular cafe.
This cafe is called Cat Store. It is a really unique cafe because there are cats roaming freely in the cafe!! :) Everywhere you turn, you can see a cat either sleeping, grooming or walking about in the cafe. The cafe has a real easy-going and homely ambiance with games provided for the patrons to play with. For the 2 hours, we were there at Cat Store, there was no lack of patrons. The menu is really interesting with "cat" in most of the names of the food. My girls and I were really thrilled to be at Cat Store. My girls were stroking the cats and I was also busy stroking and snapping photos of the various cats - 6 cats at least. There should be 9 cats, lol. I think the only person not too thrilled was the girls' father because he is not an animal lover. Only when the food arrived, did he seem a little more cheerful. The food was fantastic. I do think it is even better than some of the up-market restaurants. :)







That is a real cat sleeping up on top of the cupboard! :)





The name cards of Cat Store and a photo of one of the cats. :)

Cat related stuff for sale, not including the cat sleeping in the corner though lol. :)

Plenty of cat decors. :)

Plenty of cat paintings around.

The resident cats, at least 10 of them in the cafe somewhere lol. :)

The girls' father ordered a Angel Hair with Salmon and Cream Sauce (HK$68), Marieann ordered a Mushroom and Chicken Baked Rice in Cheese set (HK$72) and I ordered a Baked Mixed Veg in Cheese and Baked Seafood Angel Hair in Cheese set (HK$72). Our sets came with free drinks. We shared the food and we found the taste very delicious and yummy. We also shared the dessert - a Almond Tofu with Fruits (HK$22) and my order of a Sweetie Cat (HK$35) which came with a mini Blueberry with Fruits, mini Chilled Strawberry Souffle and mini caramel creme brulee. It is a real SWEETIE! :)






The cafe also sell some cat related stuff like notebooks, mugs, books, earrings, necklace, hand phone straps etc that all feature cats! I got myself a memo pad and a hand phone strap. :) I really enjoyed myself at the Cat Store, so did my girls. We left the cafe with huge smiles on our faces.

***
We walked around a little before meeting up at 7pm with the girls' father's friend and her family at one of the oldest traditional Cantonese cuisine restaurant called Lee Heung. I really kow-tow to the food. So what if the restaurant is old and noisy, the food is sumptuous!! Only locals will know where and what to eat. :)

The pork in the foreground simply melts in the mouth. The duck in the background is boneless and there are 8 items stuffed into it, e.g. lotus seeds, mushrooms, barley, salted egg yolk, and many others. Absolutely delicious! :)

After a delicious dinner, we went to another place for dessert called Honeymoon Dessert. Simply sweet and delicious. :) The adults continued to chat while the children played together. We left a little past 10:30pm back to the hotel. :)

***
I think because of the sugar too late at night, the girls didn't sleep until 1am! :( Must watch their sugar next time lol.

No comments: