making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 4 November 2008

Good bye, Korea. I will miss you.

Updated 4 November 11:35pm.

I am leaving Korea today for home. Time always seem to fly when you are having a good time. :(
Before I check out of my accommodation, I will take a last walk around the area and take some photos.

I will update my blog when I get back into Singapore tonight.

***
As I walked around Gwanak-gu one last time, I took several photos - the subway station, the airport bus station, the accommodation I stayed in. Despite the cold, a differnt culture and a different language, I have enjoyed myself immersely in Korea. I will treasure my memories of Korea for a long time to come.







I checked out of my accommodation just before 11am. Just as I reached the airport bus station, the 6003 bus arrived at 11:06am. What good timing lol. :) It took about 1 hour 45 mins to reach Incheon International Airport as there was some traffice on the road. Still, I was pretty early for my Korean Air flight KE641 at 3:55pm. No queue at the check-in counter. :) 10 minutes later, I was shopping at the duty free shops, getting more souvenirs such as ginseng sweets, and rice cakes.

I cleared customs and was having a light lunch of sandwich and milk tea by 1:40pm Korean time (12:40pm S'pore time). I bought more souvenirs - ginseng tea lol. :P I also had a try at making the traditional Korean pouch at the Korean Cultural Experience Centre. The centre has free events such as making pounches, paper tray, paper boxes, etc for foreign travellers and they have instructors teaching you how to make them and you get to keep your creation. It was fun. :)

I took a rest at the internet lounge (free internet usage) and surfed the net, checking and replying emails. At 3pm, I slowly made my way to my departure gate 15. However on my way from the internet lounge to the gate, I dropped my cardigan. I was most upset. :( Tried looking for it but couldn't find it. Reported it lost to two Information counters and hoped that my cardigan would be returned to me in time before my boarding at 3:25pm. Well, the chances of me getting it back before I fly off didn't look good at all. I was really upset and was lining up to board the plane at 3:40pm when I heard my name being called over the airport PA system. :P Yeah! They found my cardigan but bad news, it is over at the Info Counter at Gate 29 which was like 400m away. I have never ran so fast in my life before!! :P Managed to get back to my Gate 15 by 3:55pm. They were already paging last call for boarding. I was so out of breath, actually I thought I was going to pass out haha. :P But I was most happy to get my cardigan back. Thanks to the kind soul who took it to Info Counter. :)

The plane took off at 4:15pm. No I don't think I was the cause for the slightly late departure lol. :P I was initially seated next to an elderly man (2-seater). When we were taking off, the stewardess moved me to the empty 2-seaters behind. I had two seats to my self. Yeah! My good luck continues lol. :) I managed to have a little nap before dinner was served at 5pm Korean time (4pm S'pore time). The chicken was good! I haven't had much meat when I was in Korea as I couldn't take a lot of Korean dishes as they had beef in them so could only take vegetarian dishes.


Managed to sleep a little more before watching the inflight movie "The Dark Knight". Wow, I can understand all the rave about Heath Ledger now. He was really good!

The plane landed at 9:02pm S'pore time. The girls were at the airport to pick me up. It was nice to see them after a week. :) I managed to arrive home at 10pm. Did a little unpacking but will probably do the bulk of it over the weekend lol.

No comments: