making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 5 December 2008

Betrayal II

Some friends were concerned and asked if I was alright when they read about my post on Betrayal on 1 December 2008. Thanks, Friends for your concern.

It was a betrayal but not from a person. It was from my new personal notebook. But it doesn't mean the betrayal was any less painful. My new notebook conked out on me after 3 months of usage. Yes, only after 3 months! Being a new notebook, I didn't think to back up my data any more frequent than once a month. And it conked out on me just a day before I was due to back up my data... I could have lost a whole month's worth of data. I had a good friend who helped me to check and my hdd is fine, (THANK GOODNESS!) so it could be the motherboard that is problematic. Anyway, I sent it to the service centre on Tuesday 2 December. It sure didn't invite confidence when the centre was full of people and the wait to see an engineer was 2 to 3 hours minimum! Sigh.

I think what made it hurt so much was because I have always defended this particular brand to my friends, especially my guy friends who couldn't fathom why I was using the brand at all, and my new notebook's untimely demise just seemed to prove their point about the brand. But when my guy friends knew about my notebook, they have been quite nice to me. Other than the "I told you so" look and the shake of their heads they gave me, they didn't rub it in. Thanks, guys. Really appreciated it. :)

I will be collecting my notebook next Tuesday. I will know exactly what was the problem with my notebook. Will keep you guys informed.

1 comment:

Min said...

Hey I understand what you mean. Hubby bought me a notebook and it conked out after 3/4 months of usage. He asked me if I'd downloaded anything illegal? Who? Me? Nooooo! I did download i-tunes for my ipod and a jigsaw puzzle program, and Google Earth too... but nothing else besides that... looking forward to getting it back :p