making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 16 January 2009

Appreciation and Farewell(?)

Today is the Appreciation Lunch for our research centre's IT staff, Redzuan, Swee Lin and Terrence. They will be leaving our centre and re-assigned to the institute's IT department.

The show started at 11:30am. One of our PMs, Pauline recited limericks which she composed about each of our IT staff. We had a slide show of the journey of our IT department since it started in 2003 to the present. Then we had our own "Loanshark Beng" who was hilarious when commenting on the words we had written for our IT staff. Never knew being Beng can be so funny. :P Finally we have our dear IT staff, Redzuan, Swee Lin and Terrence say a few words each, followed by lunch. :)




Well, Redzuan, Swee Lin and Terrence, thank you for all the help you have given me over the years with regards to IT. All of you can now have peace of mind knowing from 1 Feb 2009 onwards, that when the phone rings, it won't be me. Haha. :P You see, I have a very high tendency rate of having IT problems! :P I will never forget the 5-second pause which always followed my "This is Hwei Ming" announcement on the phone before their reaction of "Auntie, what you want?". Hahaha. Hmm, how come you all react in the same way?! LOL. :)

I wish Redzuan and Swee Lin all the best in your next work assignment and all the best to Terrence for your coming exams. :) We will miss you very much. I know I will, being the IT-idiot I am, hahaha!! Do come back and visit us when you can. :) Take care.

No comments: