making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 25 January 2009

Chinese New Year's Eve 2009

It is the eve of Chinese New Year. We stayed home most of the day.

In the late morning, we paid respect to my ancestors. After that, I started working on revising my dissertation. That took up most of my time. In the late afternoon, we went out for a while to get drinks for our reunion dinner. Just before dinner started, we spoke to my brother and his family. The girls had fun seeing and talking with their cousins via the webcam. Our reunion dinner is the usual steamboat. Now that Marieann is older, she could get to boil her own food in the steamboat which she found was a thrill. :)

After dinner, I packed the red packets. Before everyone went to bed, I gave my parents and my girls their red packets. The girls were really happy to get their first red packets, not just from me, but from their grandparents too.

I stayed up late into the night, way past midnight, for two reasons: one, to pray for good health for my parents and two, to continue working on my dissertation. Killing two birds with one stone. :)

No comments: