making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 17 January 2009

"East Meets West" Staff Lunch 2009

Today, our institute held its staff lunch at Grand Copthone Habourfront Hotel.

I brought Juliane along because someone on my table couldn't make it. Why waste the space, right? Lol. Anyway, I thought it would be fun for her to see what my staff lunch is like. (I didn't bring Marieann because her father was already taking her out.) The theme for this year is East meets West. Both of us were dressed in cheongsum. I am so glad that I could still fit nicely into my wedding cheongsum haha. :P

We arrived there just before 11am. I got the early bird gift! Lol. I could choose either a Akira iron or a Akira jug kettle. I chose the jug kettle as I thought it would be more useful. :) From 11 am to 12 noon, there were 5 pre-event activities (1) Fortune Telling (2) Silhouette Cutting (3) Tikam Tikam (4) Chinese Fan Calligraphy (5) Picture-Me (Make-over Studio) and of course photographing with the props. Juliane and I did the silhouette cutting and took photos with the props - a rickshaw and a salon entrance. I had studio shots while Juliane tried her hand at tikam tikam and got a soft toy. Juliane drew quite a fair amount of attention from my colleagues and friends, and some important persons too, like the former director, current director and some AG heads haha. They thought Juliane really looks like me, a mini me (haha) and that she is really adorable and cute. Well, look whose daughter she is? Like mother, like daughter. LOL. Joking, joking. :P

There was a game to liven up the atmosphere, followed by a speech from our director, award presentation and buffet lunch. The spread was quite good but I didn't have time to get any photos as we descended on the food like a plague of locusts lol. All very hungry lah haha. Amidst the eating, there were more games and activities. We also snapped more photos among friends and colleagues lol. There were a lot of chatting and laughing. It is one day where we could all let our hair down, relax and really enjoy ourselves. :)














The lunch ended at 3:30pm. We all enjoyed ourselves very much. I am really proud of Juliane that she was friendly and sociable when around my friends and colleagues. I think she handled herself very well and I think she really enjoyed being the centre of attention too at my staff lunch lol. Some of my friends also enjoyed having her around and have already requested that I bring her to our staff lunch again next year haha. Wah, she now has appointment fixed for next year. :P

No comments: