making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 28 January 2009

Favourite CNY Decor

My favourite CNY decor is not at any of the shopping malls (not that I have visited that many malls haha) but the one at Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre, Tanglin Gate.

I am pretty sure there is an official name for it by BG but I personally like to call it, The Tree of Hope. It is a tree with paper cranes of red and yellow hanging down from the branches. I think there should be a 1000 paper cranes hanging from the tree. It is a simple idea but very unique and symbolises the new hope and wish for the Chinese New Year just as well as the usual Chinese Zodiac sign of the year, which is the Ox for 2009.




I guess this CNY decor is special to me because I once folded a 1000 paper cranes (using 5cm by 5cm size paper) by myself. For someone who is impatient, I am still suprised that I had the patience and determination to fold 1000 small paper cranes. The cranes are still somewhere in Australia lol. It was a very special memory and moment for me. :)

No comments: