making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 2 January 2009

First Day of School and Happy 7th Birthday, Marieann

Happy 7th Birthday, Marieann! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Today is the first day of school, primary school for Marieann. She was really excited. I woke her up at 6am to have breakfast and to get ready for school. Goodness, she looks like a true blue SCGS girl in her blue uniform lol. :P Her school bus came at 6:45am. We thought she should be independent and take the school bus to school. Just before the bus left, the driver asked why I am not going to the school. I thought that was an odd question to ask. I told him I was going during recess time (9:40 - 10:10am).

Around 7:45am, I received a sms from the mother of Marieann's pre-school classmate who is in the same class as Marieann. She told me that Marieann looked really happy and calm in the class and the two girls are seated together. I was wondering how come the mother knew that Marieann was happy and calm. Is there something that I am missing?! Hmm...

By 9:20am, I was in SCGS. Goodness, there were so many parents haha. I met my former SCGS colleague whose daughter is in the same class as Marieann. I also met my friend, Steph and her husband. It was only then I realised that parents were allowed to send their daughters to school for today and could stay or linger around the classroom until 8am. Hahaha, so that's what I missed. Oh well, there wasn't a need to do that with Marieann. I think she is pretty independent like me when I was her age and I trust her to be able to go to school on her own. :) Friend's husband said I was an enlightened parent to trust Marieann with responsibility so young lol. At least, I was there to see Marieann at recess time. Unfortunately, there were just too many parents standing in front of me (the canteen was cordoned off to the parents)and I couldn't see Marieann at all when her class was at the canteen. At last, I saw her and I waved at her. I wasn't sure if she saw me as I was blocked by parents in front of me lol. I managed to speak to her form teacher briefly and she informed me that Marieann is very well-behaved and enjoying herself. On that note, I left at 10am as there was no point for me to stay on.

Marieann came home via school bus around 1:30pm. I asked her how was her first day of school. Marieann told me that she really likes going to Primary 1. She told me that she saw me waving at her and she waved back lol. Ok, good, so she did see me. :) She told me that she bought food by herself.

I am really proud of Marieann. Marieann, you have really grown up. She is a lot more independent than I realised. She is my daughter after all. :) I am really glad that Marieann enjoyed her first day of school and that it was a great experience for her and on her birthday too.

No comments: