making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 24 January 2009

Last Weekend before CNY

This morning, it was going to Bengawan Solo to get cakes and giving them as CNY goodies to my grandaunt, a close family friend and my primary school teacher. After that, Juliane and I were dropped off at Suntec City mall. The main purpose for going there was to collect the studio photo that I took during my staff lunch last Saturday.

Before we went to collect my photo, we had lunch at Shillawon Korean restaurant, Sky Terrace. We were both missing Korean food lol. :P We shared a Dweji Boolgogi Set ($11++): marinated grilled pork which came with 3 side dishes, rice, seafood soup and fresh fruits. We both love the grilled pork which was sweet to the taste. Most delicious. :)




After lunch, we stopped at Toys 'R' Us for Juliane's "turn-turn" before going to the photo studio. However, on the way to the studio, I got side-tracked. We ended up browsing at boutiques on the 3rd level and I bought 3 dresses from one boutique. Well, they were on promotion, a real bargain, haha. :P Ok, no more shopping for the next few months, lol.

Wow, all 6 photos of me looked great! :) We are given a free 3R photo because of the staff lunch. In the end, I bought another 4R photo for $12 and both photos received digital touch-up and lamination. The staff at the studio was very nice. Instead of asking me to go back in a week's time to collect, he asked me to collect the photos in an hour's time. :) Meanwhile, Juliane and I went to Atrium to have fun decorating cookies with icing. With my purchases, we were entitled to 3 cookies for decorating.



After collecting the photos, we went home tired but happy.

In the night, we spoke to my brother and his younger son via Internet. It is the first time the girls saw their younger cousin and they were thrilled. I hope they will have the opportunity to go to UK in the near future to meet their cousins in person.

No comments: