making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 18 January 2009

New Pub in Town

We were at Vivocity because I promised Marieann that she would get her silhouette cutting as well since both Juliane and I had it done while at my staff lunch. Currently, authentic Chinese artifacts and crafts booths are set up at the Central Court, Vivocity. The girls were excited to see the different kinds of Chinese crafts.

While walking around, we chanced upon a new eating place, The Queen & Mangosteen, gourmet British pub. The menu looks pretty interesting so we gave it a try. The girls shared a Fish & Chips ($12). The girls really enjoyed the bucket of chips. :) I had a Grilled Chicken Leg marinated with Asian Pesto, with baby potatoes and grilled vegetables ($20). I think my dish was the best. The chicken was really well-marinated and tasty. It went very well with the mango salsa. The girls' father had Crayfish cooked in Beer, with boiled potatoes ($20). Although the crayfish dish looked really impressive when it arrived at the table, it wasn't filling at all, not much flesh in those little crayfish and not much in terms of taste too. It was a little disappointing.






However, I won't discount the pub yet. Currently, it only has a pre-launch menu and the full menu will be out in February. I can't wait to see what its full menu will be like. :)

No comments: