making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 10 January 2009

Ponyo, BBQ and CNY Shopping

The girls and I went to watch Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea at Golden Village Vivocity, 12 :3opm. As I had an appointment in the morning, we could only leave for Vivocity around 11am. By the time we collected the tickets, we only had 40 minutes for lunch. It was a very hurried affair at Fig & Olive. The kids had Chicken Spaghetti ($8.90) which came with orange juice and a scoop of ice cream. I had the Creme Chicken Mushroom pasta ($10.50) but without the chicken lol. The sauce was really creamy and rich. The girls' father had the Egg Sandwich ($6.30).





We got into the cinema at 12:35pm. Thank goodness, the movie only started at 12:40pm. We totally enjoyed Ponyo. It was a pure delight to watch Ponyo. I love the simplicity of Ponyo, its hand drawn animation after the influx of Pixar kind of animation. It also brought me back to my childhood days where I watched a lot of these sort of Japanese animation. :) I also managed to remember some Japanese which I learnt during my uni days. :) What surprised me most when Juliane turned to me and said she also know Japanese and said, "Baka". Hahaha. Oops, I mean! :P Apparently she learnt it from her Japanese classmate in pre-school. I told her not to say that because it is an insult.



We bought some donuts to bring over to Juliane's godparents' place around 4pm because they invited us and some friends for BBQ at their place. It has been a long time since I have had BBQ lol. The girls had a good time playing with the dog and Wii.





We left their place about 7pm and decided to go get the girls' CNY clothes at Isetan Scotts. We managed to buy their CNY dresses under 30 minutes lol.

It was a very packed and tiring day for us but we definitely enjoyed ourselves very much. :)

No comments: