making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 1 February 2009

Books and Lions

I brought Juliane to Popular to buy textbooks for Marieann. She has been keeping her textbooks in school. There was this other day when Marieann called me at work and said that she had to revise Hanyu Pinyin at home and the thing was she left her Chinese textbook in school! Sigh. Thank goodness, I have Hanyu Pinyin cards at home which she could use to revise. So I thought might as well buy another set of textbooks to put at home so that she could revise at home when needed.

I also got my UK nephews two Chinese books. Although the books are in simplified Chinese, whereas my nephews are learning traditional form Chinese, the books might still come in useful as they have Hanyu Pinyin, Chinese characters and English meaning as well as sections where they can practice writing the characters. So YM, the books should be going your way soon.

After Popular, Juliane and I walked to Raffles City for lunch. On the way, we watched lion dance at Raffles Hotel Shopping Arcade. Juliane was excited to see the lion dance up close but at the same time she wasn't too thrilled with the loud gongs and such. After lunch at The Spoon Soup and having Hokkaido ice cream for dessert, we went home.



No comments: