making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 6 February 2009

Death and Honour

Within the space of one year, I have attended four wakes. It is sad for me because I feel for them, those who have lost their loved ones.

I think most people would shy away from attending wakes and even more so during the Chinese New Year period... But to me, if I have to be there to give support to my friends, I will be there. No questions asked as I have done for the past two Chinese New Year. As I always said, luck, be it good or bad, is what you made of it.

After work, I attended a wake in the evening with another friend. Our good friend has lost his grandmother. Our friend was concerned when it started raining and told us not to bother. But to me, once word is given, I will stick to my words. Not go, just because of rain? Then I would be a very shallow person, wouldn't I? A little inconvenience won't stop me from being there for my friends.

No comments: