making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Good News II

This evening when checking my work email, I received a most wonderful piece of news.

I have been awarded the International Scholarship for the coming international conference for science education in April in Orange County, California, USA! There are only 15 scholarships to be awarded. I had thought I would stand no chance of getting it as there are many international participants as can be seen from the 45 pages of presenters' schedule. So you can imagine my happiness! :)

I immediately informed my PI, and my good friends about my award. Hahaha. Good news must share mah. :P They are all very happy for me too. :) Not too bad, I managed to bag two international conference scholarships within a space of 6 months. Yeah! :P

I must work really hard now. Maybe can bag best paper award too??!! HAHAHAHA. Only joking. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
I chanced upon your blog by chance. You have an interesting blog :-)

hweiming said...

Thanks so much. I think I am really lucky to have gotten the award. :)

Thanks too for reading my blog and for thinking it is interesting. :) Do drop into my blog when you have the time. I shall continue to try to make my blog interesting lol. :P

Anonymous said...

Wow bean, I have been so outta touch with you... anyway glad to know that things are going well for you and your career and family too. All the best in your future pursuits =) congrats again... *hugs* bear