making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Headache

Remember I mentioned before that I have been having headaches? I took some time off yesterday morning and went to NUH for a check.

I had a few tests done, had my eyes dilated and had a few more checks.

The verdict: my eyesight is almost perfect except for mild astigmatism which accounted for some slight double vision at night. I don't even need glasses! :)

However, with this good news, came the bad news. If my eyesight is fine, then something else is causing my headaches. Based on what I have described, I could be suffering from chronic tension headache or migraine. Sigh. Since I am allergic to panadol, aspirin, and amoxycillin, I have been given Codeine to try to control the headaches. Downside is Codeine can cause drowsiness and can be addictive so I have been cautioned only to take it when absolutely necessary. For the moment for my headaches, I just have to try Codeine. If it doesn't work, then I might have to go for a scan to ascertain what is really going on up there in my head. :(

PS Maybe I have already sustained phd from the PhD I am working on. (phd = permanent head damage) Hahaha. :P

No comments: