making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 17 April 2009

Finally in the USA

I am finally here in the USA. I have only seen it on tv and movies. This is my first visit to the USA. :)

The Flight to USA: Singapore to Japan
The girls were sad to see me go. But I promised to call them and to bring them pressies from Disneyland. I arrived at Terminal 3 at 7:am. By 7:30am, I had already checked in and cleared the custom. I sent out a couple of emails to friends and sent postcards to the girls. Hopefully they will receive them by Saturday. :) By 9:30am, I was seated in the plane. I was really lucky to have the seat next to me empty. :) At 10:05am, we took off. The initial part of the journey was pretty smooth but the second half was really bumpy! But I am NOT complaining. In fact, it was most fun for me haha. Like a roller coaster ride. :) :) I managed to watch Quantum of Solace and Max Payne. We touched down in Japan, Narita Airport at 5:05pm. We were ahead of schedule by 30 minutes because of the turbulence (strong wind) we experienced. We transited in Narita for an hour before boarding the same plane, SQ12 for USA.



The Flight to USA: Japan to USA
At 7:05pm, we took off for USA. Again, I am really lucky for the seat next to me was empty again! :) I had forgotten to order diabetic meals for my flights. During my lunch in the earlier leg of the flight, when a stewardess realised I can't take sweet stuff, she got down my details and told me that she would contact SQ and would arrange for diabetic meals for me in the next leg of my journey, that is, Japan to USA. I didn't expect much because it was too short notice. But before we took off, a stewardess came up to me and informed me that my diabetic meals have been prepared for me. Wow! Talk about efficiency! :) The diabetic meals were not bad at all, rather tasty. :) I watched Transporter 3 and Body of Lies and I slept as much as I could lol. At 12:10pm USA time (3:10am Singapore time), we arrived in USA after 9 hours. :)



My diabetic meals: dinner and breakfast

In the USA
It was cold, only 16C! :( Anyway, I cleared the customs without any hassle. :) By 1:10pm, I was out of LA International Airport. A colleague (who was on the same flight) and I took a cab to our hotel. We arrive at our hotel, Comfort Inn Maingate, Anaheim. My non-smoking room is really nice and it is on the second floor of the hotel. It has a king size bed, a sofa and a arm chair too. There is free Internet access. :) My colleague and I took a break before leaving at 3pm for a shopping mall nearby, The Block at Orange. We took the public bus. It was very easy to get there. We had a late lunch at Subway before going our separate ways to browse at the shops. I bought 2 blouses each for the girls and a blouse for myself. :) We took the bus back to our hotel area. Before going back to the hotel, we shopped at Target for some snacks.






The various views of my home for the next 8 days :)

It was a rather chilly night so I switched on the heater in my room. :P Did some unpacking, cleared my emails before adjourning to bed. Sleep came rather fast lol.

PS. It is 16 April in USA whereas it is 17 April in Singapore.

No comments: