making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 27 April 2009

Jet Lag and Swine Flu

It has been a day and a half since I came back from the USA. I am suffering from jet lag. :( My body is telling me to eat and sleep at the wrong times! Hopefully I will be back to normal soon.

Due to the outbreak of swine flu in Mexico, I have some friends who were concerned for my safety when they knew I was still in the USA. They were relieved that I am back safe and sound in Singapore. No worries, Friends, other than being jet lagged, I am fine. No sign of swine flu for me. :P TOUCHWOOD lol.

When I was in the USA, I saw the news about the swine flu in Mexico. Honestly speaking, it sounded serious and sure brought back memories of SARS. Now, the confirmed and suspected cases of swine flu deaths has hit over 100 in Mexico and there are 20 confirmed swine flu cases in the USA (with 7 cases in California). The USA has declared a public health emergency and some countries have installed thermal scanners to screen travellers from the USA. When I returned in the wee hours of Sunday, I missed the health screening at Changi Airport by a few hours lol. :P

I hope that swine flu could be contained in time and not become a pandemic like SARS did. Once again, Friends, thanks for being concerned about me. I am lucky to have friends like you guys. :)

No comments: