making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 26 April 2009

Journey Home

I took some more photos before I left my "home" - Room 205 where I have been staying for the past 8 days. It has been cosy enough for me. :)

My Room 205 which is on the second level

The reception building and the breakfast room (green door on the right most bottom corner)

The swimming pool and the jacuzzi/ spa which I never got to use

Anaheim to LA International Airport
The coach arrived right on time at 10:35am outside my hotel lol. I had a nice chat with the driver as I was the only passenger he had picked up so far on his round. He picked up another 2 more passengers before he drove us to Disneyland Hotel where we would be taking different coaches to the various airports. At 11am, I was on my way to LA International Airport. The journey was very smooth. By 12pm, I was delivered right to Terminal B where Singapore Airlines is situated. :) Check in was a breeze, done by 12:10pm. I had my lunch at Daily Grill restaurant instead of the food court. I wanted to spend my money lah haha. :P I ordered a Manhattan Clam Chowder (US$4.95) and a Turkey sandwich (US$9.95). The clam chowder was tasty and different from the usual cream based ones. The sandwich was huge, I had to pack the other half to go lol. :P



Clearing immigration was really quick too, under 15 minutes. However, once I cleared immigration, I realised I made a mistake. There are very few shops inside or they are rather small size. I didn't get to do any airport shopping. :(

LA to Tokyo
Flight SQ11 took off at 3pm (USA time 24 April Friday; Singapore 25 April Saturday 6am). I was very lucky, the seat next to my 37G was empty again. Let's hope for the next leg, it will be empty too lol. There were some turbulence on the way to Japan which I didn't mind at all lol. :P Again, I had diabetic meals and they were pretty delicious. Good thing with pre-ordering meals was that I could get to eat earlier and I could use the washroom to freshen up after my meal before the others hahaha. :P

Lunch: Chicken salad, Chicken with steamed tomato and artichoke

Light meal before arriving in Japan: Green salad, steamed salmon with veggies

I managed to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and half of Revolutionary Road before my personal entertainment unit conked out on me. I had to finish watching Revolutionary Road at another empty seat. Didn't realise Benjamin Button was such an emotional show, I cried! Not a good thing to cry on board the plane - very awful puffy eyes and blocked nose! :( I touched down in Japan at 5:10pm (Singapore time 25 April Saturday). After clearing immigration again, I managed to buy some mochi for the girls at the Narita Airport shop before rushing to board the plane at 5:40pm (Singapore time).

Tokyo to Singapore
My flight was supposedly to depart at 7:10pm. However due to very heavy rain earlier in Tokyo, there was a back log of airplanes waiting to depart. My flight didn't get to depart until 8:15pm. However I couldn't get to do any shopping due to the delay because when they made the announcement about the delay, the cabin door has been shut! :( So we just sat in the plane doing nothing. But I think I fell asleep lol. :P Real lucky, the seat next to mine empty again. Must give thanks. :) Didn't watch any more movies because of my faulty entertainment unit. Instead I read my Hamilton. It was interesting lol. Didn't take photo of my diabetic dinner meal because it was the same as what I had when I left from Japan to LA.

I finally arrived in Singapore close to 2am, safe and sound and somewhat tired. By 3am, I was back at home. By 4am, I was ready to sleep but sleep didn't come. Oh no, jet lag?!

No comments: