making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

It's Mother's Day today. We gave my mother a treat: Mother's Day Brunch at Lawry's The Prime Rib, Paragon. Well, it's a treat for me too lol. :P

For the kids' set meal, the girls had Fish & Chips ($25.90) as their main whereas Juliane had the salad as appetiser and Marieann had the Soup of the Day: Mushroom Capsicum. Their kids' meals came with juice and dessert which both ordered ice cream. Sorry, no pictures.

The only difference in the adults' brunch was in the choice of entree. We all decided on the same entree. We first had the Amuse Bouche: Tiger Prawn with fresh fruit salsa, followed by Lawry's Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad and Soup: Mushroom Cappuccino. Our entree ($59) was Atlantic Lobster: steamed baked lobster tail covered with tomato bacon cream sauce topping with melted cheese paired with toasted croissant with chicken chipolata and scrambled egg, served with assorted vegetables and pesto spaghetti. For dessert, we had Mango Sorbet with strawberry coulis and I had Peppermint tea and praline chocolate to end off my sumptuous meal. I really enjoyed the lobster tail which was really succulent and juicy and the rich cream sauce that went with it. :)









After our satisfying meal, we went to Muji to get some stuff for my mother's trip to Taiwan before heading home for a afternoon catnap lol. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you food pictures. I have to say the food was AMAZING while we were there.
Happy Be-lated Mother's day to you too!

hweiming said...

Thanks for your compliment. My family would roll their eyes whenever I took out the camera to take pictures of the food. Haha. The girls in particular would go "OH NO! AGAIN?! How many pictures you want to take?!" :P Thank goodness, I am their mother, they have no choice. Muahahaha. :P

Did you manage to try local food when you were in Singapore?