making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 7 June 2009

Dinner with Superstars

One keynoter and his wife, David and Ursula were still in Singapore after the conference, taking a short vacation. Having taken care of them during the conference, I thought it would be nice to show them Singapore in the most Singaporean way possible, through FOOD! :)

I brought them to Soup Restaurant, a restaurant serving unique Chinatown Heritage Cuisine for dinner. It is Chinese food and less likely to be spicy as Ursula and I both can't take spicy food. :P We ordered dishes such as Samsui Ginger Chicken, Beggar Ribs, Garlic Curly Prawns, Baby Kai Lan with Tong Kwai, and Penang Fried Mee Suan.

Amidst dinner, we chatted about multiculturalism, family, Singapore, assessment, ... Although they are Professors and well-established in their fields of Education, they are very nice and easy-going people and they absolutely put me at ease. :) They also spoke encouraging words to me about my PhD. :)

It was a really lovely dinner - nice food and wonderful company. It is really nice that David and Ursula consider me as their friend and invited me to visit them in the USA. It is a great honour indeed for me. :)

No comments: