making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 20 June 2009

Phuket: Day 4 - Karon Beach, Spa Cenvaree

Today was a really relaxing day for all of us.

I woke up early at 6am because I wanted to catch the sunrise. Unfortunately, the sunrise was behind our villa. But I tried to get a photo or two of the sunrise from the pool area. After that, I went back to my villa to get another hour of sleep lol. :P




We went for our buffet breakfast at The Cliff around 9am. After breakfast at 10am, the girls, my parents and I took the free one-way shuttle service to Karon beach to do a bit of shopping. The girls' father opted to stay behind at the hotel. I think he had some work to do and more importantly, he can't stand the heat! Lol.


Within 10 minutes, we were at Karon beach. :) My parents went ahead to shop first while I took the girls to the beach to walk around and to look for more seashells. We took more photos on the beach and we also saw more of the tiny sand crabs scuttling around. :) Almost 30 minutes later, we joined their grandparents in shopping. :P My father bought the most among all of us and us being girls too! Lol. He bought the wooden handicrafts. :) The girls got paper crafts such as notebooks and I got myself 2 tube tops and a tube dress lol. Who knows, they may come in handy when I go to a beach place again for holiday haha. :P

The dragon on Karon Beach







We returned to the hotel around 12pm. My mother and I went for lunch at Bayview Restaurant while my father took the girls back to my spa villa. We had a simple lunch as we were having our spa treatment at 2:30pm. My mother had a Pineapple Blended and a Club Sandwich and I had a lime soda and a Caesar Salad. Simple meals but delicious.

My mother's Pineapple Blended

My mother's Club Sandwich

My Caesar Salad

I went to Spa Cenvaree earlier than my 2:30pm appointment to take some photos of the beautiful ocean view. By 2:15pm, my mother and I were relaxing before our 2:30pm appointment. We were served with a cup of cold Lemongrass Ginger drink with a ice cold towel. We were in the couple room, Aruna for our Head to Toe spa package (4.30 hours) which began with an exotic Sea & Tea Body polish, followed by a Tranquility Massage, a Jurlique Cleansing Facial and the finishing details of a manicure and pedicure. :) We both felt so pampered hahaha. :P The whole spa experience was really soothing, relaxing and rejuvenating. :) The oceanfront-facing location of Spa Cenvaree certainly helped too in relaxing us, being able to hear the lull of the waves on the rocks, to see the waves. Ahhh... so peaceful and relaxing. :)






Our cold refreshing Lemongrass Ginger drink and cold towel

The couple spa room, Aruna where we had our spa treatments. See the outdoor shower and tub? :)


Sunset as seen at Spa Cenvaree


We went to dinner at The Cliff around 7:30pm. By now, the staff knew us very well lol. :) My parents and the girls' father all ordered Kao Phad (B160): fried rice with seafood haha. Marieann was full with the fries I brought back from my lunch so she just drank the complimentary soup: Pumpkin Soup. Juliane ordered a Crabmeat and Corn Soup (B150) while I had a Pork Medallions (B490) which was wrapped in pancetta with port wine cherry sauce, served with risotto and vegetables. The corn soup and my pork medallions were really tasty. :)

Complimentary Soup of the Day: Pumpkin Soup

Crabmeat and Corn Soup

My Pork Medallions

We went back to our respective villas after dinner. I started to pack our luggages as we were leaving tomorrow. The girls seemed a little reluctant to leave lol. Oh well, we can always go away to another resort holiday. :) In the midst of my packing close to 10:30pm, we heard fireworks going off at Karon town area. The girls were so excited that they called their grandparents to tell them about it. The girls finally fell asleep close to 11:30pm. Phew.



I should be sleeping soon too. I have to be at the lobby by 7am to process the check out for my parents.

No comments: