making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 13 June 2009

Realisations

I realised that my family trip to Phuket is next week. It is so SOON! I haven't started packing for the girls and myself yet. But I guess it would be pretty easy since we are only going away for four days. :)

I realised this trip is a number of firsts. It is the first time that I am going to an ASEAN country. It is the first time my parents are coming along with us for a holiday and it is also the first time they are going to Phuket. It is the first time I am treating my parents to an all-expenses paid holiday. :P

I realised I am looking forward to the trip and at the same time, not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to it because I need a break. I am not looking forward to it because there is still work to be completed and I am the main contact person. Thus I feel bad going away. Hopefully, as a good friend said, I would feel differently when I get to Phuket and would not feel bad going away for a break which I deserved.

No comments: