making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 6 July 2009

1111

4D* number? Lol. No, that is the total number of confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1) as of today in Singapore. More than half of the cases were local cases.

I think sometimes it is good that something like H1N1 comes along. Hear me out first before you want my blood. I am not being evil here. :P H1N1 has created in people the awareness on how the disease is spread and it has also resulted in people being more socially responsible. I tended to notice more people wearing masks now-a-days. Of course the cynic would say those people are afraid of catching H1N1 so they don the mask. However, it could also be said that they aren't well and are donning masks to protect others. :) I also noticed more people washing their hands longer and more carefully in the washrooms and I also observed more people using hand sanitizers.

See, there is some good. :)

*In Singapore, 4D is a game whereby a person picks a lucky 4-digit (4D) number from 0000 to 9999 and if the number matches any of the 23 4-digit numbers drawn, the person wins a prize.

No comments: