making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 11 July 2009

Close Call

I was going home from the food court at Botanic Gardens in the evening. While crossing the road during the pedestrian GREEN light, a car came turning from the side road onto the road I was crossing. Now I totally know what it's like to be a deer caught in the headlights! I could see the car coming but I couldn't move. I think the driver was rushing to beat the red light and was rushing to beat me before I could cross the road. I could see he was alarmed when he realised we were on a collision course. Thank goodness, he was able to brake in time! His car stopped less than a metre away from me. He knew he was at fault and offered his apologies.

My heart has never worked as hard as it did this evening. It was pounding so fast and hard. After I had crossed the road, I realised that I was actually quite shaken up as I was trembling away.

It was too damn close a call.

No comments: