making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 12 July 2009

A Courageous Girl

I have a girl who most probably would be in Gryffindor House if there is a wizarding world like Harry Potter's that exists along side our world. :)

We brought Marieann for her lesson. At the condo, the two lifts could only be activated by the owners for the guests to use. While waiting for the teacher to buzz us in (activate the lift for us), some folks exited from one of the lifts. Before Marieann and I could react, Juliane ran into the lift and the lift doors promptly closed. Both Marieann and I were stumped. The lift started ascending all the way to the 15th floor. Beginning to panic a little, I asked Marieann to take the other lift up to the teacher's apartment on the 6th floor while I waited for Juliane to come down again. When the lift Juliane was in opened its doors, there was no Juliane! I took it up to the 6th floor and I heaved a huge sigh of relief when I saw Juliane's pink Crocs outside the door of the teacher's apartment. Marieann and Juliane were recounting to the teacher and the other students what had happened when I entered the apartment. The teacher thought Juliane was really brave. Juliane sure didn't look like she was scared too. She later said there was nothing to be scared. She just pressed 6th floor when the lift was going down from the 15th floor.

Frankly speaking, I was a little panicky when Juliane was "swallowed up" by the lift. I told her off for dashing into the lift like that and got her to promise me not to do that again. But I am really proud of her too, for being so brave. I am really glad that she is able to use her wits and not panic. :)

No comments: