making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 25 July 2009

Happy 110th Birthday, SCGS

SCGS is celebrating her 110th birthday this year in 2009. :)

The SCGS 110th anniversary dinner was held at Raffles Ballroom, Fairmont Hotel. The Guests of Honour who were the Minister of Education, Dr Ng Eng Hen and his wife, Mrs Ng. Before their arrival at 7:30pm, I met up with some of my former SCGS colleagues. The theme of the anniversary dinner is Peranakan and so the dinner was Peranakan and the dress code was Peranakan/ Batik/ Smart.



Marieann and I before setting off for the dinner

Photo with my former SCGS colleagues

Photo with my former SCGS colleagues

Door gift for the adults

The children's door gifts

Marieann working on her time-filler worksheet

My former 4P student, Lishan :)

After the speeches, the dinner started. It was the first time I am having Peranakan food for a banquet dinner. It was pretty interesting. But unfortunately, I don't take spicy food and most of the dishes for the main course were spicy such as Beef Rendang, Udang Pedas Nanas, Deep Fried Fish Fillet, Ayam Buah Keluak, and Kai Lan Lemak. The only dish which was non-spicy was Nonya Chap Chye. Gosh, I paid $250 per pax and only to have the Chap Chye! :( The children's dishes were non-spicy and I pinched from them haha. :P Sorry didn't take photos of the other dishes.
First time having Peranakan food for banquet dinner: the starters - otak, ngoh hiang, roasted duck, baby octopus, lady fingers

Peranakan dinner: Crabmeat and Fish Maw Soup

During dinner, there were performance items such as dance and choir. We also took photos of the girls.
Marieann and her 1SE classmates


The girls with their Principal

The girls with their form teacher

The girls standing on their chairs to watch the performance

The dinner ended at 10:40pm. By the time we reached home, it was almost 11:30pm. The best moment for me was when the dinner celebration ended with all the SCGS girls, both present and old, singing the school anthem. It really brought me back to my old school days. :)

I am glad for my 10 years of education in SCGS. It has made me the person I am today, a woman of character lol. :) I am proud to be a SCGS girl. I am a true blue SCGS girl. :P (Note: I wore blue for the dinner haha.)

No comments: