making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Racial Harmony Day


Today is Racial Harmony Day. Juliane's pre-school encouraged the children to wear traditional clothes to celebrate racial harmony. I took out her Chinese Cheong Sum but she refused to wear it. Instead, she wanted to wear her Korean dress (Hanbok).

Me : You are Chinese, dear, so you have to wear the cheong sum.
Juliane: No, I don't want. I want to wear the Korean dress.
Me : You are CHINESE, not Korean!
Juliane: Teacher never say I must wear Chinese, only say wear traditional clothes.
Me : Er...
Juliane: Korean dress is traditional clothes, right?
Me : Yes but...
Juliane: So I can wear the Korean dress.

Well, she made perfect sense which I couldn't refuted. The pre-school didn't specify that the children had to wear traditional clothes of their ethnic race. So she is logical in her thinking that she can wear the Korean dress as it is a traditional dress.
Hmm, I think I may have a lawyer in the making lol. :P

No comments: