making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 30 August 2009

BAD Service

This is the first time ever that I am writing about extremely bad service here on my blog.
We were at Swensen's, United Square for lunch. When we arrived, the restaurant was not even half filled but it took a while to get service. Although the girls ordered the same dish, one order came much later than the other and it was only after I told them about it. And it took me a while to get their attention again to tell them about it.

The vegetables that came with my food were raw and the mashed potato was absolutely tasteless! It was obviously boiled and then mashed up. They didn't even bother to add a bit salt or butter to it. I spoke to the manager about the food and you could tell he wasn't even listening as his eyes were looking all over the place except at me. I thought that is basic manners to have eye contact with whoever is talking to you. And NOT a word of apology! Next, it took almost 20 minutes just to get our bill settled and the girls' father blew his top and told the manager off.

We will never go back to that Swensen's ever again! I have never had such bad service before in my life. During the time we were there, I saw 3 families left after a while. Obviously I wasn't the only one who thought they were giving bad service.

No comments: