making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 14 September 2009

Darkness Falls

No, I am not talking about the horror movie, Darkness Falls lol.

I thought I would have a nice relaxing evening before a busy day in schools tomorrow. I thought I would settle to read Fallon's Harshini after my shower. However I stepped out of the shower to hear that the electrical circuit breaker has tripped. The helper told me that every time she switched it back on, the circuit breaker tripped. I switched it back on. Although the circuit breaker did not trip this time, none of the appliances that needs electricity worked!!! It was almost 7pm, darkness falling fast. I had to light candles around the house. The only people who seemed to be enjoying themselves and having fun from the situation were the girls. :S

A good friend helped to locate a number for me to call an electrician to come over to look at the problem. The electrician arrived at 8pm and he finally diagnosed the problem. The circuit breaker was a goner. :( He went on to discover the reason for the circuit breaker going kaput, a faulty water heater (which was what had caused the trip) in the maid's bathroom. :( :( The electrician also found a faulty jacuzzi motor in my parents' bathroom. :( :( :( The electrician finally left close to 10pm. It was so nice to have electricity again. :) However, there was another problem. The girls' father came home close to 9pm and he discovered that the modem was damaged when the power came back on. Apparently the adaptor had blown. He was quite flustered and went out to get a replacement adaptor from a home-fix shop at 9:25pm. But he came home empty-handed. Everything else is working fine except there is no Internet.

It was quite a drama tonight lol. But I have to admit there was a certain kind of serenity just sitting there in the darkness by the candle light. :)

No comments: