making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 22 September 2009

The Little "Merlion"

I was really beat after spending most of yesterday clearing up my room. I finished up the final touches to my room close to 2am. Just as I was nodding off at 3am, I heard Marieann getting up. Before I could ask her, "What's up?", she started doing a "Merlion" just a few steps away from the bathroom. Sigh. Thereafter, Marieann started to do a "Merlion" once or twice every hour till 8 in the morning. :( By 6am, I was so highly strung that I would "wake up" at the slightest movement and sound made by Marieann.

I didn't get any sleep at all with Marieann throwing up throughout the night. I couldn't ask for childcare leave as I needed to conduct a training with temp RAs in the morning and there was important data collection in 2 schools in the afternoon today. There is no one to cover my duties. Fortunately, the girls' father was on leave so he took Marieann to see the doctor. The doctor diagnosed Marieann with a viral infection and gave her 2 days of medical leave. With medication, she seemed a lot better now, at least she is no more The Little "Merlion". :)

No comments: