making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 27 October 2009

My Birthday

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, my friends and ex-students. I really appreciate it! :) It was extremely pleasant and heart-warming receiving birthday greetings via msn, sms, email and Facebook. It is so nice to be remembered! :)

A good friend and I went for lunch. She drove us to Vanilla Pod, Mandai Orchid Gardens. It is a beautiful and serene place for a meal, greenery, the orchids. :) For starters, we shared Trio Mushroom Soup ($6.50) which has lots of chunky mushroom bits (no photo) and Pan-fried Duck Liver ($23.50): pan-fried duck liver which went really well with apple ragout, really sumptuous and real decadent! We will worry about our cholesterol level later haha. :P



For mains, I had Pan Roasted Chicken Breast ($19.50) while my friend had Oven Roasted Leg of Lamb ($20.50). My chicken was tender and moist and the mushroom and ricotta cheese stuffing was great with the chicken. :) Although I didn't try it, my friend's lamb looked good.



For dessert, as we were too full lol, we shared a Strawberry Mille Feuille ($10.50). It was darn delicious! :)



After lunch, we walked a bit round the garden. Definitely have to bring my girls here for the orchids and the food. :)



My birthday was a quiet affair at home. The girls' father bought a cake home after Juliane called him to get a cake. The girls helped me to blow the candles before I cut the cake. Told you it was quiet lol.

No comments: