making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 30 November 2009

AARE Conference 2009

I was really lucky that my presentation has been slotted on the first day and it's the first concurrent paper session at 11am after the morning keynote speech. I would rather get my presentation out of the way so that I could at least enjoy the rest of the conference lol. :)

I woke up to a cold morning, top of 20C only. :( I had a full breakfast at 8am as I decided to skip morning tea at 10:30am because I would be too nervous to stomach any food just before my presentation. Didn't want to do a merlion lol.

My presentation was in another building, Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) which is next to the National Convention Centre (NCC) because there were too many presenters and not enough rooms in NCC.




I was nervous, cold plus being the first presenter, not a great combination, I felt kind of sick. :S However once I started, survival instinct just took over lol. I ended my presentation right on time and there were some Q&A. Thank goodness, I could answer the questions. :) A professor (he later announced he was the convener of the Assessment SIG) was at the session and he was pleased with my responses. Phew. The professor came up to me after the session and told me I had a good design for my PhD and suggested a paper for me to read which might add value to my PhD. He later passed me the softcopy of the paper at the Assessment SIG meeting which the other presenters and I were invited to attend at 4:30pm. That was really nice of him. :) After my paper session ended at 12pm, I had to make my way back to the NCC in the rain. Brrr... cold. :( I ate like a guy for lunch, I was famished haha. After lunch, I attended my colleague's presentation and the Assessment SIG meeting.

My colleague and I later met up for dinner to celebrate as our presentations were over. Yippee. :) We went to Cream cafe/ restaurant. There were other conference participants having dinner there too lol. I had the chicken while colleague had the lamb. Somehow when you are not stressed, appetite is better and food tended to taste much better too. We ate our food with gusto! Maybe it was because we were hungry too haha. :P The orange creme brulee was heavenly. Heck, my sugar level, it was time for celebration lol.


Colleague's lamb

My chicken

No comments: