making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 15 November 2009

Dining at Dempsey Hill II

Due to the change in time for Marieann's lesson from 3pm to 1pm, we decided to go for brunch at Dempsey Hill despite the fact I was just there recently lol. I don't mind, I welcome the greenery. Feels like I am not in Singapore. :)

I chose to have brunch at PS Cafe, Dempsey Hill amidst protests from the girls who wanted to have dim sum. :P But the girls were soon won over with the greenery, the ambiance of the place and the food. :) It was packed when we arrived at 11am so we were No. 1 on the wait list. We chose to sit indoors (in case of mozzies :P) and were shown to our table under 10 minutes.

The girls shared a plate of Blueberry Pancakes. The blueberry pancakes were nice and had whole blueberries in them! For dessert, the girls each had a scoop of vanilla ice cream.



The girls' father had PS Breakfast Club Sandwich which had eggs, bacon, tomato, asparagus and baked beans on the side.


I had the Portobello Stack which came with 2 poached eggs stacked with roasted portobello mushrooms, grilled bacon, wilted spinach and creamy smoked cheddar potato gratin. This is what I call a real hearty breakfast or brunch. :)


For dessert, I had steamed Ginger Pudding with Earl Grey Creme Anglaise and topped with vanilla ice cream. I really love this pudding which is not very sweet. With lots of ginger shreds (real ginger mind you, not artificial flavouring!), it is one of the more exotic puddings I have ever tasted with its pairing of the earl grey custard sauce and vanilla ice cream. It is a wonderful pudding/ dessert that warms one up on any cool day. :)


I think we will definitely be back for more - the food and the greenery.



No comments: