making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 28 November 2009

Flying Off II & Arrival

Breakfast was served about an hour and a half before my plane touched down in Melbourne at 6:30am. Clearing customs was a breeze and so was the collecting of my luggage before I proceeded to the domestic airport for the next leg of my journey onto Canberra.

The plane took off on time at 8:25am and it was packed lol. Breakfast was served again (lol) and mine was a little different from the rest as it was a special request meal. The others' breakfast looked a bit more interesting lol. :P



The plane touched down in Canberra at 9:3oam. After collecting my luggage, I took a cab to my uni friend's place. It is kind of her and her family to put me up at their place during the duration of the conference. :) It was really nice catching up with her.

After lunch, not wanting to impose too much on her and her family, I went into town to meet up with a colleague who was presenting at the conference too. We met at Canberra Centre which is a huge shopping mall lol. Before parting ways, my colleague and I had dinner at Nando's, a Portuguese restaurant at Canberra Centre. The lemon and herb flame-grilled chicken was absolutely delicious. :)





There is daylight saving now in most states of Australia, except for Queensland. So it doesn't get dark until 8-ish pm. I always love the summers in Australia. It makes you feel as if you have lots of time. :) Goodness, it is so good to be back in Australia and its shopping malls! Hahaha. I have no idea that I miss Australia that much until I am standing on its soil.

No comments: