making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Singapore Idol 2009

Tonight is the first time I caught Singapore Idol, the Final 6 on television, well only some parts of it. I actually caught more of Singapore Idol on Youtube haha. :P I must say for this year SI, the girls are pretty GOOD - strong vocals and some with great looks too!! However, I was alarmed when I heard from a good friend that only 2 girls were left in the competition! :O

When I started psychoanalysing (sorry, occupational hazard lol) why, despite having talent and looks, the girls were continuously being voted out, it seemed quite clear the reason why. The male contestants have an advantage that the female contestants didn't have - female fans! Never underestimate what a female fan would do to ensure her idol stays in the competition. They are willing to save money (work part-time jobs, skip meals, etc) in order to vote numerous times!
However, with the female contestants, if their male fans are attached or married, chances are they are less likely to vote. Why? See, their girlfriends or wives would be unhappy or jealous if the guys openly discuss or say they like a certain female contestant. What do you think are the chances of the girlfriends or wives letting the guys vote for their favourite female contestant? Haha. But of course, there would be some girlfriends and wives who are magnanimous enough to let their boyfriends and husbands vote for their favourite female contestant. :)

Tonight is the first time ever I voted for a Singapore Idol contestant. I usually don't bother. Besides acknowledging that she is good, I was also helping my good friend to vote for his favourite female contestant. Why? Reason as stated above haha. :P

Just heard the results, she is in! I think my friend owes me one lol. :)

No comments: